Twin block care
- The aligners (Invisalign) should be worn at least 20-22 hours a day. That’s full time except when eating. Inadequate wearing time will result in extended treatment time or incomplete correction of dental problems.
- Aligners will feel tight when first inserted but the pressure will ease off over the next few days as teeth move into position.
- Put on and remove aligners as shown by your dentist. Chewie should be used between all teeth for 5 minutes every time when putting on aligners to ensure complete seating.
- Aligners will normally be changed every 2 weeks unless instructed otherwise by your dentist.
- Place the last aligner in the provided RED container box in case of emergency.
- Do NOT eat with aligners on. Remove aligners and place them in the provided BLUE container box.
- Avoid eating hard food to minimise the risk of damaging attachments.
- Do NOT drink hot drinks with aligners as heat will distort and damage the aligners.
- Cold drinks are acceptable but colourful drink should be avoided to minimise staining.
- Teeth should be cleaned before putting aligners on. Aligners are tight fitting and food may prevent complete seating.
- Aligners are best cleaned with a toothbrush and mild soap to avoid yellow calcium build ups.
- Do NOT use mouthwash, bleach, other cleaning products which may damage the aligners.
- If attachments on teeth came off, please contact the clinic as soon as possible.
- If the aligners break or are damaged, revert back to wearing the previous aligners.
- Always bring the RED and BLUE containers to the review appointment.